C-47 "Ride-Along"


"Airborne Experience"

We are now able to offer a new "ride-along" Airborne experience. Individuals will be allowed to go "Airborne" along with jump team members on a C47 flight.  Hear and feel what it's like to ride in a WWII vintage aircraft and watch the troops dressed in WWII uniforms and equipment "Stand Up & hook Up".

To learn more about this opportunity contact us at: operations_@_wwiiadt.org










 William P “Bill” Galbraith

 Born:                            25th January 1924        Pasadena California

Enlistment date:            09 September 1942     Fort McArthur, California

Deployments:                Europe

Units:                             I Company, 506th Parachute Infantry, 101st Airborne Division

Rank:                            Private First Class

Specialisations:             Light Machine Gunner,

Qualifications:              Parachutist Wings, Combat Infantryman Badge

Decorations:                  EMEA Campaign Medal with two Bronze Stars and Bronze Arrowhead, WWII Victory Medal, Presidential Unit Citation, French Fourragere, Netherlands Orange Lanyard

Discharge Date:            18 June 1947

 Other Information:        Bill attended Wilson High School in Long Beach CA before enlisting in the paratroopers where in September 1942 he was sent to Toccoa and assigned to the 506th Parachute Infantry Division.  Following his training as a light machine gunner, Bill was deployed to England where he prepared for the invasion of Fortress Europe. At 0100hrs on the morning of June 6th 1944 Bill parachuted into Normandy and fought with members of the 501st PIR near the Barquette Locks for two days before being able to join the rest of his regiment as they were leaving the bridges over the Douvre River.

On September 17th 1944 Bill once again made a combat jump into The Netherlands as part of Operation Market Garden. Bill was wounded near Eindhoven when shrapnel from a German 88mm hit him and he was evacuated from the area before being hospitalized in England. He was later transferred back to the USA for a further two years of treatment and rehabilitation.